- Lessons from visualising the landscape and habitat implications of tree decline – and its remediation through tree planting – in Australia’s grazing landscapes, Landscape and Urban Planning (forthcoming)
- Integration by case, place and process: Transdisciplinary research for sustainable grazing in the Lachlan river catchment, Australia. Landscape Ecology, Vol. 25, No. 8, pp. 1219-1230 (2010).
Biodiversity and farm management
- Conservation management of eastern Australian farmland birds in relation to landscape gradients, Journal of Applied Ecology, in press
- Tree decline and the future of Australian farmland biodiversity, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, No. 25, 19597-19602 (2010). Supplmentary material.
- The disproportionate value of paddock trees, Biological Conservation, Vol. 143, No. 6, pp. 1564-1567 (2010).
- Reversing a tree regeneration crisis in an endangered ecoregion, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, No. 25, 10386-10391 (2009). Supplementary material.
Social and aesthetic values
- Australian graziers value sparse trees in their pastures: a viewshed analysis of photo-elicitation, Society and Natural Resources, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 412-422 (2011).
- Using photography to elicit grazier values and management practices relating to tree survival and recruitment, Land Use Policy, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 1056-1067 (2010).
- Toward landscape-wide conservation outcomes in Australia’s temperate grazing region, Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 69-74 (2010).
- Informing conservation policy design through an examination of landholder preferences: A case study of scattered tree conservation in Australia, Biological Conservation,153 (2012) 51?3
- Desperately Seeking Sustainable Farms (PDF, 26.8 MB), Woodland Wanderings - Newsletter of the Grassy Box Woodland Conservation Management Network, Vol 7, No 1, pp. 10-12 (2010).
- This newletter submission is a plain-language summary of project findings as of mid-2009.
- Identifying potential win-wins for integrating conservation with grazing production, NSW. Ecological Management and Restoration, Vol 11, No 1, pp. 78 (2010).
- This project update summarises the events of the second stakeholder workshop in June 2009.
- Leverage points for reversing paddock tree loss in Upper Lachlan grazing landscapes. Ecological Management and Restoration, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 237-240 (2008).
- This short research note identifies the six guiding questions developed during the scoping workshop with stakeholders in April 2008.