Increasingly, research and management of ecosystems must integrate across sectors and issues, as evidenced in the emergence of integrated catchment management, biodiversity protection across tenures, and multiple use management of forest resources. The Fenner School undertakes research in landscape sciences, and prepares its graduates to be professional natural resource managers with expertise in (eg):
- Fire science and management
- Forest science and management
- Landscape ecology and conservation biology
- Landscape evolution and soils
- Water science and management.