2021- Associate Professor and Campus Director Vanuatu University of the South Pacific
2016-present Honorary Senior Lecturer and research Fellow ANU Fenner School
2014-2016 Head of Discipline - Design and Architecture University of Canberra
2013-2014 Course director for bachelor of Design (majors in Landscape Architecture, Industrial design, Interior Architecture- University of Canberra
2010-2018 Senior Lecturer Landscape Architecture, University of Canberra
2003-2009 Lecturer Landscape Architecture University of Canberra
2002-2003 Landscape Architect JEA and associates
2001-2002 Teacher Landscape design and construction Canberra Institute of Technology Horticulture College
1989-2001 Managing Director MacKenzie Landscapes Pty Ltd
2006 - Registered landscape architect Australian Institute of Landscape Architects no. 01393
- MacKenzie, A & Gibbons, P 2019, 'Enhancing Biodiversity in Urban Green Space; An Exploration of the IAD Framework Applied to Ecologically Mature Trees', Urban Science, vol. 3, no. 4.
- MacKenzie, A, Pearson, L & Pearson, C 2018, 'A framework for governance of public green spaces in cities', Landscape Research, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 444-457.
- MacKenzie, A 2017, 'Planning for the redevelopment after a fire event', International Journal of Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 344-356.
- MacKenzie, A, Muminovic, M, Oerlemans, K 2017, The intentional use of learning technologies to improve learning outcomes in studio', The Journal of Problem Based Learning in Higher Education, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 47-63pp. https://doi.org/10.5278/ojs.jpblhe.v0i0.1558
- Hocking, V & MacKenzie, A 2016, 'A Design-Led Approach for Enabling Collective Imagining of Sustainable Urban Futures', in Leshinsky, R., Legacy, C. (ed.), Instruments of Planning: Tensions and Challenges for More Equitable and Sustainable Cities, Routledge, USA, pp. 105-116.
- Headon, D & MacKenzie, A, eds, 2013, Canberra Red: Stories from the bush capital, Allen & Unwin, Crow's Nest.
- MacKenzie, A 2009, 'Recovering suburbia: An analysis of sururban form - post fire redevelopment', State of Australian Cities: National Conference 2009, ed. Conference Program Committee, Promaco Conventions Pty Ltd, Perth, pp. 1-25.