After initial qualifications and research in astrophysics, Bob has held senior leadership positions in several large, complex and diversified organisations. This included General Manager positions in both the private sector (CSR Ltd) and public sector (Australian Trade Commission), followed by several Deputy Commissioner positions with the Australian Taxation Office.
He has worked in and across a number of disciplines including strategy development, transformation and change management, policy development, large scale operational and program delivery, economics, finance, investment, marketing, information systems and operations research; and across a range of primary, energy, resource, manufacturing and service industries from both a private and public sector perspective.
He joined the Australian National University's Climate Change Institute and Fenner School of Environment and Society as a Visiting Fellow in 2009/10 with a focus on sustainable development and climate change issues, and is now an Honorary Associate Professor.
- Stafford-Smith, M, Rissik, D, Street, R et al. 2022, 'Climate change adaptation guidance: Clarifying three modes of planning and implementation', Climate Risk Management, vol. 35, no. 2.
- Westman, L, Patterson, J, Macrorie, R et al. 2022, 'Compound urban crises', AMBIO: A Journal of the Human Environment, vol. 51, pp.1402-1415.
- Costanza-van den Belt, M, O'Donnell, T, Webb, R et al. 2021, 'Community preferences for urban systems transformation in Australia', Sustainability, vol. 13, no. 9.
- Carmichael, B, Wilson, G, Namarnyilk, I et al. 2020, 'A methodology for the assessment of climate change adaptation options for cultural heritage sites', Climate, vol. 8, no. 88, pp. 1-21.
- Bai, X, Colbert, M, McPhearson, T et al 2019, 'Networking urban science, policy and practice for sustainability', Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, vol. 39, pp. 114-122.
- O'Donnell, T, Webb, R, Dodson, J et al 2019, Sustainable cities and regions: 10 year strategy to enable urban systems transformation.
- Carmichael, B, Wilson, G, Namarnyilk, I et al 2018, 'Local and Indigenous management of climate change risks to archaeological sites', Mitigation and adaptation strategies for global change, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 231-255.
- Webb, R, Rissik, D, Petheram, L et al. 2018, 'Co-designing adaptation decision support: meeting common and differentiated needs', Climatic Change, vol. 153, no. 4, pp. 569-585.
- Webb, R, Bai, X, Stafford Smith, M et al 2018, 'Sustainable urban systems: Co-design and framing for transformation', AMBIO: A Journal of the Human Environment, vol. Online, pp. 1-21.
- Mahmuda, S & Webb, R 2016, 'Climate adaptation and urban planning for heat islands: a case study of the Australian Capital Territory', Australian Planner, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 127-142pp..
- Bai, X, Surveyer, A, Elmqvist, T et al 2016, 'Defining and advancing a systems approach for sustainable cities', Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, vol. 23, no. -, pp. 69-78.
- O'Donnell, T, Webb, R, Duarte, R et al 2016, Place-Based Sustainable Urban Renewal: A Case Study Of The Tuggeranong District, Australian Capital Territory
- Norman, B, Webb, R, Steffen, W et al 2014, Climate Adaptation Sector Review: Informing the Future Direction for the ACT and Region.
- Webb, R, Petheram, L & Weiske, P 2014, Climate Adaptation Decision Support Strategies: Developing a National Agenda (LAPS 2 Final Report 5 June 2014).
- Webb, R & Beh, J 2013, Leading adaptation practices and support strategies for Australia: An international and Australian review of products and tools
- Norman, B, Steffen, W, Webb, R et al. 2013, South East Coastal Adaptation (SECA): Coastal urban climate futures in SE Australia from Wollongong to Lakes Entrance.
- Webb, R, McKellar, R & Kay, R 2013, 'Climate change adaptation in Australia: Experience, challenges and capability development', Australasian Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 320-337pp.
- Funfgeld, H, Webb, R & McEvoy, D 2012, 'The Significance of Adaptation Framing in Local and Regional Climate Change Adaptation Initiatives in Australia', The Green Infrastructure Transect, ResearchGate GmbH, Australia, pp. 283-294pp.
- Webb, R 2011, Impacts of Climate on the Canberra Nature Park : Risks and Responses.