I have held leadership roles in a range of organisations in the private and public sectors, including Deputy CEO of the Cooperative Research Centre for Greenhouse Accounting and Business Development Manager of the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation. I have strong research, facilitation and communication skills at all levels and across industries from grass roots agriculture and fishing to legal and professional services, science and policy.
My PhD research 'Grazing, roots and soil: interactions and implications for soil function and the sequestration of soil carbon' is investigating if and how different grazing methods affect soil properties and processes and the soil’s ability to sequester carbon. Her Master’s research 'Australian agriculture: creating a climate of change for a changing climate' integrates the biophysical system, economics and policy to investigate the potential of sustainable farm practices as a mitigation and adaptation co-benefit strategy.
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- CSIRO Sustainable Agriculture Flagship Scholarship
- Australian Society of Soil Science
- Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society
- National Institute for Rural and Regional Australia
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (Fellow)
- CPA Australia (CPA)
- Golden Key International Honour Society