- Turton, D 2020, 'Lawyers In Legal Geography: Parliamentary submissions and coal seam gas in Australia', in T O'Donnell, D Robinson & J Gillespie (ed.), Legal Geography: Perspectives and Methods, Routledge, London, UK, pp. 221-239.
- Turton, D 2019, 'Fracturing planners: A study of their contribution to Australia's coal seam gas debate', The Extractive Industries and Society, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1314-1324.
- Turton, D 2017, 'Legal determinations, geography and justice in Australia's coal seam gas debate', in Lukasiewicz, A., Dovers, S., Robin, L., McKay, J.M., Schilizzi, S., Graham, S. (ed.), Natural Resources and Environmental Justice: Australian Perspectives, CSIRO Publishing, Clayton South, Victoria, Australia, pp. 155-167pp.
- Turton, D 2015, 'Unconventional gas in Australia: towards a legal geography', Geographical Research, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 53-67.
- Turton, D 2015, 'Lawyers in Australia's coal seam gas debate: A study of participation in recorded community forums', The Extractive Industries and Society, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 802-812.
- Turton, D 2015, 'Delivering a "New Administrative Law": Commonwealth-Queensland ombudsman cooperation, 1976â€“1981', Journal of Australian Studies, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 216-234.
- Turton, D 2014, 'Codifying coexistence: Land access frameworks for Queensland mining and agriculture in 1982 and 2010', Journal of Australasian Mining History, vol. 12, pp. 172-192.