I have worked in various government agencies including the forerunner to Geoscience Australia and the Australian Plague Locust Commission as GIS developer and currently as forecaster. I completed a PhD at Fenner School in 2017.
The thesis traced the history of interaction between agriculture, locust outbreaks and biological science in Australia from the 1840s to the 1970s.
- Deveson, E & Martinez, A 2017, 'Locusts in southern settler societies: Argentine and australian experience and responses, 1880-1940', in E. Vaz, C.J. de Melo and L.M. Costa Pinto (ed.), Environmental History in the Making, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, Switzerland, pp. 259-286pp.
- Deveson, E 2016, 'Parasites, politics and public science: the promotion of biological control in Western Australia, 1900-1910', British Journal for the History of Science, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 231-258.
- Veran, S, Simpson, S, Sword, G et al 2015, 'Modeling spatiotemporal dynamics of outbreaking species: Influence of environment and migration in a locust', Ecology, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 737-748.
- Deveson, E & Woodman, J 2014, 'Embryonic diapause in the Australian plague locust relative to parental experience of cumulative photophase decline', Journal of Insect Physiology, vol. 70, pp. 1-7.
- Deveson, E & Woodman, J 2014, 'Observations of Scelio fulgidus (Hymenoptera: Platygastridae) parasitism and development in southern NSW during the 2010 Chortoicetes terminifera (Orthoptera: Acrididae) locust plague', Austral Entomology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 133-137.
- Deveson, E 2013, 'Satellite normalized difference vegetation index data used in managing Australian plague locusts', Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, vol. 7, no. 1.
- Deveson, E 2013, 'THE ADELAIDE PHILOSOPHICAL SOCIETY AND THE EARLY ACCOMMODATION OF THE DARWIN-WALLACE THEORY OF NATURAL SELECTION', Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 151-167.
- Deveson, E & Woodman, J 2013, 'Longevity relative to temperature of Scelio fulgidus (Hymenoptera: Platygastridae) emerging from Australian plague locust (Chortoicetes terminifera) eggs', Australian Journal of Entomology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 277-281.
- Deveson, E 2012, 'Naturae Amator and the Grasshopper infestations of South Australia's early years', Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 1-15.
- Deveson, E 2011, 'The Search for a Solution to Australian Locust Outbreaks: How Developments in Ecology and Government Responses Influenced Scientific Research', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1-31.