Ted Deveson is a retired environmental researcher who worked with various federal government agencies on geospatial data curation and analyses. He was forecaster with the Australian Plague Locust Commission until 2020.
He completed a PhD in environmental history at the Fenner School of Environment and Society, Australian National University, in 2017. The thesis covered the parallel paths of the environmental history and scientific investigations of locusts in Australia from the 1840s to the current century. He published numerous articles on topics covering history of science and environmental history, as well the ecology of Australian locusts during his candidacy. He conducted numerous conference and seminar presentations as part of his employment and academic activities.
- Deveson, E & Martinez, A 2017, 'Locusts in southern settler societies: Argentine and Australian experience and responses, 1880-1940', in E. Vaz, C.J. de Melo and L.M. Costa Pinto (ed.), Environmental History in the Making, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, Switzerland, pp. 259-286pp.
- Deveson, E 2016, 'Parasites, politics and public science: the promotion of biological control in Western Australia, 1900-1910', British Journal for the History of Science, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 231-258.
- Veran, S, Simpson, S, Sword, G et al. 2015, 'Modeling spatiotemporal dynamics of outbreaking species: Influence of environment and migration in a locust', Ecology, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 737-748.
- Deveson, E & Woodman, J 2014, 'Embryonic diapause in the Australian plague locust relative to parental experience of cumulative photophase decline', Journal of Insect Physiology, vol. 70, pp. 1-7.
- Deveson, E & Woodman, J 2014, 'Observations of Scelio fulgidus (Hymenoptera: Platygastridae) parasitism and development in southern NSW during the 2010 Chortoicetes terminifera (Orthoptera: Acrididae) locust plague', Austral Entomology, vol. 53, no. 2, 133-137.
- Deveson, E 2013, 'Satellite normalized difference vegetation index data used in managing Australian plague locusts', Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, vol. 7, no. 1.
- Deveson, E 2013, 'THE ADELAIDE PHILOSOPHICAL SOCIETY AND THE EARLY ACCOMMODATION OF THE DARWIN-WALLACE THEORY OF NATURAL SELECTION', Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 151-167.
- Deveson, E & Woodman, J 2013, 'Longevity relative to temperature of Scelio fulgidus (Hymenoptera: Platygastridae) emerging from Australian plague locust (Chortoicetes terminifera) eggs', Australian Journal of Entomology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 277-281.
- Deveson, E 2012, 'Naturae Amator and the Grasshopper infestations of South Australia's early years', Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 1-15.
- Deveson, E 2011, 'The Search for a Solution to Australian Locust Outbreaks: How Developments in Ecology and Government Responses Influenced Scientific Research', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1-31.