Dr Jenny Pierson is a population ecologist interested in the challenges faced by small populations. She has worked with land management agencies and completed applied ecology projects in the USA and Australia. Her goal is to bridge the gap between research and management through applying scientific principles to the conservation and management of threatened species.
For a full publication listing please visit my Google Scholar profile.
- Westgate, M, Tulloch, A, Barton, P et al 2016, 'Optimal taxonomic groups for biodiversity assessment: a meta-analytic approach', Ecography, 40, 539-548.
- Godfree, R, Vivian, L & Pierson, J 2016, 'The Impacts of Extreme Climatic Events on Wild Plant Populations', in Edwards, D., Batley, J. (ed.), Plant Genomics and Climate Change, Springer, Germany, pp. 15-47.
- Scheele, B, Hunter, D, Banks, S et al 2016, 'High adult mortality in disease-challenged frog populations increases vulnerability to drought', Journal of Animal Ecology, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 1453-1460.
- Pierson, J, Coates, D, Oostermeijer, J et al 2016, 'Genetic factors in threatened species recovery plans on three continents', Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 433-440.
- Hunter, M, Westgate, M, Barton, P et al 2016, 'Two roles for ecological surrogacy: Indicator surrogates and management surrogates', Ecological Indicators, 63, 121-125.
- Lindenmayer, D.B., Candy, S.G., Banks, S.C., Westgate, M., Ikin, K., Pierson, J., Tulloch, A. & Barton, P. (2016). Do temporal changes in vegetation structure predict changes in bird occurrence additional to time since fire? Ecological Applications, 26, 2267-2279
- Banks, S, Lorin, T, Shaw, R et al 2015, 'Fine-scale refuges can buffer demographic and genetic processes against short-term climatic variation and disturbance: A 22-year case study of an arboreal marsupial', Molecular Ecology, vol. 24, no. 15, pp. 3831-3845.
- Lynch, A, Thackway, R, Specht, A et al 2015, 'Transdisciplinary synthesis for ecosystem science, policy and management: The Australian experience', Science of the Total Environment, vol. 534, pp. 173-184.
- Lindenmayer, D, Pierson, J, Barton, P et al 2015, 'A new framework for selecting environmental surrogates', Science of the Total Environment, vol. 538, pp. 1029-1038.
- Lindenmayer, D, Barton, P & Pierson, J, eds, 2015, Indicators and Surrogates of Biodiversity and Environmental Change, CSIRO Publishing, Clayton South, Victoria, Australia.