Bart retired as the ANU Associate Director, Facilities and Campus Operations in 2011. In this role he had senior management responsibility for campus environmental programs, including the developement of ANUgreen (the University corporate environmental program). Bart was Team Leader of the International Alliance of Research Universitie Sustainability Officers Group (www.iaruni.org) and is currently the Co-chair of the Sustainable Building Design and Operations working group - International Sustainable Campuses Network. Bart was also Vice President of the Tertiary Education Facilities Managers Association of Australasia.
- Art for Earth’s Sake: Creative and Interdisciplinary Collaborations for Sustainability in the Tertiary Sector (co-authored with John Reid and David Carpenter), Sustainability in the Australasian University Context, Peter Lang (Berlin), 2006
- Planning for Biodiversity (co-authored with Beth Mitchell and David Carpenter), Sustainability in the Australasian University Context, Peter Lang (Berlin), 2006
- Creating Change: Building an environmentally sustainable campus, Regenerative Sustainable Development of Universities and Cities (The role of Living Laboratories), Edward Elgar (Cheltenham, UK), 2014
- Campus Wide Operations, Green Guide for Universities (IARU pathways towards sustainability), International Alliance of Research Universities, 2015.
Peer reviewed papers
- Mainstreaming Environmental Management (co-authored with David Carpenter), International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, Publication date: 2001 (Co-authored with David Carpenter),
- Mainstreaming Environmental Management (revised and expanded version) (co-authored with David Carpenter), Journal of the Asia Pacific Centre for Environmental Accountability, Publication Date: 2002
- Fire storm: How the Australian National University's Emergency Management and Continuity Plans responded to a large scale fire, The Journal of Business Continuity and Emergency Planning, Publication date: 2007
- Emergency Response to a super cell storm at the Australian National University, Journal of Business Continuity and Emergency Planning, Publication date: 2008
- Taking Action: researching an innovative pedagogy for an aesthetic visual approach to environmental issues (co-authored with Carolyn Young and John Reid), Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, Publication date: 2015
Contributing columnist – Environmentjournal.online