- Local, regional, national and global food flows
- Ecosystem services in agroecosystems
- Food trade and the environmental impacts of outsourcing national food supplies
- Carbon fluxes in agrecosystems
Areas of expertise
- Sustainable Agricultural Development
- Farming Systems Research
- Agro Ecosystem Function And Prediction
Projects and grants
- Begossi, A, Salivonchyk, S, Hallwass, G et al 2018, 'Fish consumption on the Amazon: a review of biodiversity, hydropower and food security issues', Brazilian Journal of Biology, pp. 13pp.
- Nguyen, V, Dumaresq, D & Pittock, J 2018, 'Impacts of rice intensification on rural households in the Mekong Delta: emerging relationships between agricultural production, wild food supply and food consumption', Food Security, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1615-1629.
- Pittock, J, Dumaresq, D & Orr, S 2017, 'The Mekong River: trading off hydropower, fish, and food', Regional Environmental Change, vol. Online, pp. 13pp.
- Nguyen, V, Dumaresq, D & Howie, C 2016, 'Dike Compartments in the Mekong Delta: Case Studies in Water Governance, Farming systems and Adaptation to Water-Regime Changes in An Giang Province, Vietnam', in D J H Blake and L Robins (ed.), Water Governance Dynamics in the Mekong Region, Strategic Information and Research Development Centre, Malaysia, pp. 279-310.
- Pittock, J, Dumaresq, D & Bassi, A 2016, 'Modeling the hydropower - food nexus in large river basins: A Mekong case study', Water, vol. 8, no. 425, pp. 1-18.
- Porter, J, Dyball, R, Dumaresq, D et al 2014, 'Feeding capitals: Urban food security and self-provisioning in Canberra, Copenhagen and Tokyo', Global Food Security, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1-7.
- Gross, C & Dumaresq, D 2014, 'Taking the longer view: Timescales, fairness and a forgotten story of irrigation in Australia', Journal of Hydrology, vol. 519, no. PC, pp. 2483-2492.
- Orr, S, Pittock, J, Chapagain, A & Dumaresq, D. 2012, 'Dams on the Mekong River: Lost fish protein and the implications for land and water resources', Global Environmental Change: Part A - Human and Policy Dimensions, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 925-932.
- Porter, J, Deutsch, L, Dumaresq, D, Dyball, R 2011, 'How will growing cities eat?', Nature, vol. 469, no. 7328, pp. 34-.
- Pearson, D, Henryks, J, Trott, A et al 2011, 'Local food: understanding consumer motivations in innovative retail formats', British Food Journal, vol. 113, no. 6-7, pp. 886-899.
- Dumaresq, D, Carpenter, D & Lockie, S 2010, 'The Human Ecology of Agrobiodiversity', in Stewart Lockie and David Carpenter (ed.), Agriculture, Biodiversity and Markets: Livelihoods and Agroecology in Comparative Perspective, Earthscan Publications Ltd, United Kingdom, pp. 33-46.
- Dumaresq, D & Ecker, S 2010, 'Australia Farmers Responding to the Need for Conversion', in Stephen R. Gliessman, Martha Rosemeyer (ed.), The Conversion to Sustainable Agriculture, CRC Press LLC, USA, pp. 317-342.
- Van Kerkhoff, L, Courville, S, Bammer, G et al 2007, 'Mutual Dependence, Mutual Strength: Trust, Social Learning and Collaboration', in Stephen M. Ritchie (ed.), Research Collaboration: Relationships and Praxis, Sense Publishers, The Netherlands, pp. 203-223.
- Smith, M & Dumaresq, D 2005, 'Water: Nature's Gold', in K Hargroves, M Smith (ed.), The Natural Advantage of Nations: Business opportunities, innovation and governance in the 21st century, Earthscan Publications Ltd, UK, pp. 387-404.