Nine presentations given on the 13th August 2022, Frank Fenner Room, ANU to discuss the TISA project. It can be viewed in the video above or here.
- Welcome and introduction to TISA by Professor Jamie Pittock , ANU
- Dr Mario Chilundo, Eduardo Mondale University, Maputo, Mozambique: TISA’s transformative impact in small scale irrigation schemes in Mozambique
- Dr Luitfred Kissoly, Ardhi University, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: TISA’s transformative impact in small scale irrigation schemes in Tanzania
- Mr Thabani Dube. International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe: TISA’s transformative impact in small scale irrigation schemes in Zimbabwe
- Dr Richard Stirzaker, Agriculture & Food, CSIRO
- Questions and discussion
- PhD Candidate Karen Parry, UniSA Business: Role of youth in TISA and rural transformation
- PhD Candidate Michael Wellington, ANU: Trends in water productivity at smallholder irrigation schemes in southern Africa.
- Dr Njongenhle MB Nyoni, Capacity Strengthening Manager, The Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network, Pretoria, South Africa: Achieving the CAADP/Malabo Targets: The importance of transforming smallholder irrigation schemes
- Dr Ana Manero, ANU, Canberra, Australia: Growth and inequality at the micro scale: an empirical analysis of farm incomes within smallholder irrigation systems in Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Mozambique.