I am a reserach fellow at the Fenner School of Environment and Society. I am currently working on an ARC Linkage Project investigating the role of animals in fire regimes.
I previously worked on the Jervis Bay Long-term Monitoring and Fire Response Study, looking at the effects of fire regimes on the structure and composition of fire-prone vegetation communities.
My PhD research investigated the interactive effects of prescribed fire and herbivory on the flora and fauna of a eucalypt forest understory.
- Lindenmayer, D, Wood, J, MacGregor, C et al 2018, 'Conservation conundrums and the challenges of managing unexplained declines of multiple species', Biological Conservation, vol. 221, pp. 279-292pp.
- Lindenmayer, D, Lane, P, Westgate, M et al 2018, 'Tests of predictions associated with temporal changes in Australian bird populations', Biological Conservation, vol. 222, pp. 212-221pp.
- Scheele, B, Foster, C, Banks, S et al 2017, 'The Role of Biotic Interactions in the Niche Reduction Hypothesis: A Reply to Doherty and Driscoll', Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 148-149pp.
- Scheele, B, Foster, C, Banks, S et al 2017, 'Niche Contractions in Declining Species: Mechanisms and Consequences', Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 346-355.
- Foster, C, Barton, P, MacGregor, C et al 2017, 'Effects of fire regime on plant species richness and composition differ among forest,woodland and heath vegetation', Applied Vegetation Science, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 132-143.
- Foster, C, Barton, P, Robinson, N et al 2017, 'Effects of a large wildfire on vegetation structure in a variable fire mosaic', Ecological Applications, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 2369-2381pp.
- Barton, P, Evans, M, Foster, C et al 2017, 'Environmental and spatial drivers of spider diversity at contrasting microhabitats', Austral Ecology, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 700-710.
- Lindenmayer, D, MacGregor, C, Wood, J et al 2016, 'Bombs, fire and biodiversity: Vertebrate fauna occurrence in areas subject to military training', Biological Conservation, vol. 204, no. 1, pp. 276-283.
- Foster, C, Sato, C, Lindenmayer, D et al 2016, 'Integrating theory into disturbance interaction experiments to better inform ecosystem management', Global Change Biology, 22, 1325-1335.
- Foster, C, Barton, P, Sato, C et al 2016, 'Herbivory and fire interact to affect forest understory habitat, but not its use by small vertebrates', Animal Conservation, 19, 15-25.
- Foster, C, Barton, P, Sato, C et al 2015, 'Synergistic interactions between fire and browsing drive plant diversity in a forest understorey', Journal of Vegetation Science, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 1112-1123.
- Foster, C, Barton, P, Wood, J et al 2015, 'Interactive effects of fire and large herbivores on web-building spiders', Oecologia, vol. 179, no. 1, pp. 237-248.
- Foster, C, Barton, P & Lindenmayer, D 2014, 'Effects of large native herbivores on other animals', Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 929-938.