Dr Julian Reid
- Smith, R, Reid, J, Scott-Morales, L et al 2019, 'A baseline survey of birds in native vegetation on cotton farms in inland eastern Australia', Wildlife Research, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 304-316.
- Zeng, Q, Reid, J, Saintilan, N et al 2019, 'Contrasting diversity patterns of breeding Anatidae in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres', Ecology and Evolution, vol. 9, pp. 9990-10003.
- Colloff, M, Overton, I, Henderson, B et al 2018, 'The use of historical environmental monitoring data to test predictions on cross-scale ecological responses to alterations in river flows', Aquatic Ecology, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 133-153.
- Bond, N, Grigg, N, Roberts, J et al 2018, 'Assessment of environmental flow scenarios using state-and-transition models', Freshwater Biology, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 804-816pp.
- Garcia-R J, Joseph L, Adcock G, Reid, J 2017 and Trewick S, 'Interisland gene flow among populations of the buff-banded rail (Aves: Rallidae) and its implications for insular endemism in Oceania', Journal of Avian Biology, vol. 48, 679-690.
- Murphy, S, Silcock, J, Murphy, R, Reid J and Austin J 2017, 'Movements and habitat use of the night parrot Pezoporus occidentalis in south-western Queensland', Austral Ecology, vol. 42, 858-868. Online Version, pp. 11pp.
- Woinarski, J, MacRae, I, Flores, T et al. 2016, 'Re-introduction of the threatened Cocos Buff-Banded Rail to the Southern Atoll of the Cocos (Keeling) islands, Australia', in Soorae, P.S. (ed.), Global Re-introduction Perspectives: 2016, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Abu Dhabi, pp. 142-146.
- Wen, L, Saintilan, N, Reid, J and Collof M, 2016, 'Changes in distribution of waterbirds following prolonged drought reflect habitat availability in coastal and inland regions', Ecology and Evolution, vol. 6, no. 18, pp. 6672-6689.
- Woinarski, J, MacRae, I, Flores, T, Detto, T, Reid, J et al 2016, 'Conservation status and reintroduction of the Cocos Buff-banded Rail, Gallirallus philippensis andrewsi', Emu - Austral Ornithology, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 32-40.
- Reid, J 2016, 'Tawny Grassbirds in the Far North East of South Australia', South Australian Ornithologist, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 83-87.
- Bond, S & Reid, J 2016, 'OLIVE BACKED ORIOLE IN THE FAR NORTH EAST OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA', South Australian Ornithologist, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 80-82.
- Reid, J 2014, 'Appendix 2: Biogeographic analysis of NSW Bird Atlas dataset', in Cooper, R.M., McAllan, I.A.W., Curtis, B.R. (ed.), An Atlas of the Birds of New South Wales & the Australian Capital Territory: Volume 1, minipublishing, Australia, pp. 668-688.
- Jaensch, R, Dutson, G & Reid, J 2014, 'Breeding by Blue-Billed Duck (Oxyura Australis) and Freckled Duck (Stictonetta Naevosa) in the Georgina Channel Country, April 2009', The Sunbird, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 27-35.
- Reid, J, Colloff, M, Arthur, A et al 2013, 'Influence of Catchment Condition and water resource development on waterbird assemblages in the Murray-Darling Basin, Australia', Biological Conservation, vol. 165, pp. 25-34.
- Arthur, A, Reid, J, Kingsford, R et al 2012, 'Breeding Flow Thresholds of Colonial Breeding Waterbirds in the Murray-Darling Basin, Australia', Wetlands, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 257-265.
- Morton, S, Stafford Smith, M, Dickman, C et al. 2011, 'A fresh framework for the ecology of arid Australia', Journal of Arid Environments, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 313-329.
- Puckridge, J, Costelloe, J & Reid, J 2010, 'Ecological responses to variable water regimes in arid-zone wetlands: Coongie Lakes, Australia', Marine and Freshwater Research, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 832-841.
- Reid, D 2010, 'Channel Country rivers: the pulse of life', in L Robin, C R Dickman & M Martin (ed.), Desert Channels: The Impulse to Conserve, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood, Australia, pp. 125-143.
- McGinness, A, Arthur, A & Reid, J 2010, 'Woodland bird declines in the Murray-Darling Basin: are there links with floodplain change?', The Rangeland Journal, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 315-327.
- Costelloe, J, Reid, J, Pritchard, J et al 2010, 'Are alien fish disadvantaged by extremely variable flow regimes in arid-zone rivers?', Marine and Freshwater Research, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 857-863.
- Reid, J 2009, 'Australian Pelican: Flexible Responses to Uncertainty', in Libby Robin, Robert Heinsohn, Leo Joseph (ed.), Boom and Bust: Bird Stories for a Dry Country, CSIRO Publishing, Canberra, Australia, pp. 95-120.
- Reid, J 2008, 'Varied Lorikeet in the far north east: A new species for South Australia', South Australian Ornithologist, vol. 35, no. 3 & 4, pp. 104-106.
- Reid, J 2008, 'Book Review: Ecology of Desert Rivers', Austral Ecology, vol. 33, pp. 701-702.
- Reid, J, Cooper, D, Curtis, B et al 2008, 'Woodland birds of the western slopes of New South Wales', Wingspan, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 22-23.
- Reid, J 2008, 'Central Short-tailed Mouse', in Steve Van Dyck (ed.), The Mammals of Australia (3rd ed), New Holland Publishers, Australia, pp. 581-583.
- McAllan, I, Cooper, D, Curtis, B et al 2008, 'New South Wales' woodland birds', Wingspan, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 22.
- Hill, B, Reid, J & Heinsohn, R 2008, Development of a Translocation Protocol for the Endangered Cocos Buff-banded Rail through the Application and Refinement of Wildlife Management Techniques â?? Report on Field Trips, AG Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts.
- Reid, J & Cunningham, R 2008, Statistical Analysis of the Cowra Woodland Birds Programâ??s Bird Database: Trends in Individual Bird Species and Composite Indices, with brief Comments on their Relevance to Monitoring and Evaluation and Setting Targets for Habitat Management and Restorat, Lachlan Catchment Management Authority and Birds Australia Southern NSW and ACT.
- Rabosky, D, Reid, J, Cowan, M et al 2007, 'Overdispersion of body size in Australian desert lizard communities at local scales only: no evidence for the Narcissus effect', Oecologia, vol. 154, no. 3, pp. 561-570.
- Fischer, J, Manning, A, Steffen, W et al. 2007, 'Mind the sustainability gap', Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 621-624.
- Shiel, R, Costelloe, J, Reid, J et al 2006, 'Zooplankton diversity and assemblages in arid zone rivers of the Lake Eyre Basin, Australia', Marine and Freshwater Research, vol. 57, pp. 49-60.
- Reid, J 2006, 'Pied Butcherbirds in the Near North West of South Australia', South Australian Ornithologist, vol. 35, no. 1&2, pp. 59-63.
- Abel, N, Roberts, J, Reid, J et al 2006, Barmah Forest: a review of its values, management objectives, and knowledge base, Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority.