Tim has been a researcher at CSIRO for more than 15 years, investigating scenarios of population growth, resource use and environmental impacts from the regional to the international scale. Earlier research with the Australian National University and the University of New South Wales, focused on applied physics, and led to highly cited international journal articles on magnetics and biophysics. Tim has broad academic and research experience that brings creative thinking on open ended problems of sustainability and economic development. Recent work on climate impacts and adaptation was cited in the IPCC 5th Assessment, and he was a contributing author to the Global Energy Assessment and in other projects he has advised to the United Nations Environment Program.
Other activities and associations:
- Member International Society of Industrial Ecology 2005 – present
- Co-Founder of the Industrial Ecology Virtual Laboratory (2011)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (2016 - present)
- Member of the Scientific Committee for the 11th International Society for Industrial Ecology (ISIE) Socio-Economic Metabolism conference and the 4th ISIE Asia-Pacific Conference, 2014
- Australian Institute of Physics (NSW) Award for Postgraduate Excellence 2001.